1.09.2006

The Best of 2005

WENT on another trip to Quiapo last Saturday. Man, this is sick. Was almost penniless, yet I wasn’t stopped from going to Quiapo to buy more DVDs (NOT TO ATTEND THE NAZARENO FEAST!) with my friends. Well, what the heck. Life is short. Live each day as if it’s your last. Spend every centavo you have and splurge on the finest things thine hard-earned peso can buy. Try everything. Enjoy life. Live life to the fullest. Carpe diem!

Geez, my 2005 was exactly like that. Not that I regret any single moment of it. Non. I totally believe that everything that happened in 2005 contributed to a much better version of me. I know I’ve learned something from every heartache, triumph, and stupid, impulsive act I had committed. I may have changed jobs and had started my year jobless but c’est la vie, I am perfectly fine now, thank you very much.

That’s why to honor 2005, I’m listing what’s trés bien in that year. The list is in no particular order, so please bear with my sometimes dislocated thoughts. Here goes:

1. Centropell Shoes. They perfectly fit my humongous feet (size 9-10, depending on the style). And when they’re on sale, they’re ON SALE! Plus, I love their new designs.

2. Chilly Papa Jeans. Job well done, boys. (Only P700 at Market, Market’s Fashion Market.)

3. Mr. Muscle Mold and Mildew Cleaner. No, Mr. Muscle and I do not engage in sexual acts inside my bathroom. But he definitely loves the job I hate.

4. Index and F Salon. For their cheap haircuts and hair nourishing services. Parfait!

5. Bloom lip gloss. Works with anything.

6. My very own multi-colored scarf. Instant fabulousizer. Also doubles as a dog leash, mouth gag, or blindfolder.

7. The National Bookstore Warehouse Sale. The best book sale I’ve been to in 2005.

8. Powerbooks Sale. Love them when everything’s 20% off.

9. Fully Booked-Powerplant. Love the lay-out. First time I went there, I was overwhelmed by the huge volume of books. Perfect location for first dates. You can also play hide-and-seek while there. Plus, the owner’s cute.

10. Starbucks-Powerplant and T. Morato, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf-Greenbelt. I will be forever grateful to these places for cuddling me during my days of disquiet and nights of rage.

11. My best friends. Always at their best behavior even when I’m at my worst (You guys know who you are).

12. His smile. I know, I know, he’ll also qualify for my “Worst” list. It has been years after I’ve first seen that smile. Yet somehow, it still has this rare ability to make me weak in the knees and fall head over heels again. Disarming, I hate it.

13. Bong. A big hug for you! Napakabuti mong tao.

14. Southbeach Diet. It works!

15. My brother Ronald. For finishing college.

16. My brother John. For continuing college.

17. Cheap cosmetics (Ever Bilena and Nichido). Whenever you feel like experimenting, try something cheap.

18. Papa. For continuously saving my arse (even years after his death).

19. Tatay. Remembering his life made me hold on to this inane belief that “good” men truly exist.

20. Daddy. One tito I never thought I could count on. Now I know and I’ll be forever grateful.

21. December 24 and 30. Sweet. Funny. Romantic. I do not need to explain.

22. Doña Nena’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The best friend of a forever weight watcher.

23. French lessons. Je pense le langue francaise est interesant, mais je ne parle pas trés bien francaise! (Qu’est-ce que tu raconte?)

24. Creative Writing class with Mr. Cirilo Bautista. Challenging. Made me a more inspired “plotter.”

25. The Quiapo Pirates. Highly recommended. Down with the Optical Media Board!!!

26. Spandex tops. Merci beaucoup pour le boobs. Hehehe!

27. Fans. Sa mga taong patuloy na sumusuporta at bumabati (“Ang payat mo na!”, “Gumaganda ka, ah,” or “Ang cute ng damit/shoes/scarf mo!”), salamat! Salamat! Hindi ninyo alam kung anong nagagawa ninyo sa aking self-esteem na muntik nang mawala.

28. Mga gumagaya. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? Thank you!

29. My Lisa Loeb eyeglasses. Saved my eyes from possible blindness.

30. Dermstress. Well-supervised by Dra. Agnes. At mura lang. (Location: Dapitan cor. Instruccion Sts.)

31. Saturday nights with Ms Gina and Ms Pia. Refreshing.

32. Andy and Pinky's Adventures. Walang makakatalo kahit most of the time eh napipilitan lang si Pinky. BI ka talaga Andy.

33. Encantadia. Won me over. Or I just love women warriors (I'm a warrior, in my own way).

34. Gateway Cinema. Aba'y maganda. Puwedeng tulugan.

35. Globe unlimited call and text. Saved my reputation as a writer. Was able to do a last-minute 30-minute interview through a Globe-to-Globe connection. Imagine if Globe had charged me for that?

36. Winning our case against Silangan. The case is not yet closed but to me, we have already proven our point.

37. Pinoy Bands. They rocked 2005.

38. Bench maong mini skirt. Need I say more?

39. Brandless laptops. Saved my MA career. Very cheap. Buy one now at PCXpress.

40. Harry Potter 6. Okay, so it's not the best HP book in the story but so what? I still love it. Every politician and activist should read it. They'll learn a lot about the basics: what's right and wrong, or what's good and bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home